Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Bit of Beauty

I'm no expert on cosmetics, but I thought I'd share some of my go-to products!


Hair:
1. Moroccan Oil is a must for my hair! I have naturally wavy/curly hair that I subject to a dryer and straightener daily, but with this product, my hair remains silky and soft. 
2. Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco conditioner not only smells amazing, but truly does the job for my tangly locks. 
3. Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean and shiny without feeling greasy.

Face:
4. Smashbox BB Cream... I've never been a fan of heavy foundations and tinted moisturizers don't provide quite enough coverage for me, so BB Cream is the perfect middle-ground. This is the first and only one I have tried and I LOVE it. Part of me is tempted to dabble into the drugstore versions to save on cost, but I think I'm hooked!
5. Clarisonic Mia 2 was definitely a splurge for me, but I can really tell a difference in my skin. I've been a long time lover of the Sonicare toothbrush, so when I learned the Clarisonic was made by the same company, I knew it had to be good! I have to admit, the hot pink version finally helped me pull the trigger after contemplating the purchase for a while.
6. Diorshow mascara. Amazing. I've actually tried all of the variations in the Dior line and the original is still my favorite. The extra large application brush creates false-looking long and lush lashes. 
7. Diorshow Maximizer adds a great layer of fullness to my mascara routine. I put this on first and can really tell a difference when I use it. It also helps your lashes grow over time, too! Bonus!
8. Fresh Cosmetics Sugar lip balm in Honey is my go-to lip treatment. It keeps my lips hydrated and soft while adding just a touch of nude tint. {I'll be back with another post soon on my favorite glosses, balms and lipsticks... Stay tuned.}

Perhaps my favorite tool of all is this "big" purchase:


I don't go a day without using the Trim Deluxe Eyelash Curler! I feel like curling my eyelashes makes me look awake and alive. And at a whopping $2, it's well worth it! I've been tempted in the past to try some of the more expensive eyelash curlers on the market, but why fix it if it's not broken? 

So there you have it... as long as I have clean hair, throw on a quick layer of BB cream to my Clarisonic-cleaned face, curl and plump my lashes and hydrate my pout, I'm pretty much set! 





No comments:

Post a Comment