Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Trendy Traveler

One of my passions in life is traveling and lucky enough for me, I get the opportunity to travel a lot with my job. Now don't get me wrong, there are days when I long for my own bed and a home cooked meal at a normal dinner hour, but in the grand scheme of things, I think I have it made! 

Through ella.bella.bea&flo I'd like to share with you some of the things that make my life easier while on the road... first and foremost, a comfy travel outfit is a must! I think I have it nailed down to a pretty simple formula:


1. A lightweight, but cozy open cardigan is a great place to start! This one looks just warm enough to keep me comfy on an airplane! And at $69 bucks, I think it's well worth the price!
2. Leggings. They are a lifesaver while traveling, but I always follow my rule of thumb... my top must cover my bum. You know what I'm talking about -- those who wear leggings as pants! Not a good look unless you are a toothpick... and most people who choose to wear leggings as pants are not! Gap Body has the softest pair with just a touch of sheen to them. Check them out here!
3. Next, I like to layer a bright tank under my sweater that coordinates with whatever scarf I'm wearing... more on that in #4. I used to always stick to black, but a little color never hurts! This version is from Old Navy -- there's are great because they're long! H&M's basics are awesome great too!
4. Now for the fun stuff! A scarf is an absolute must while traveling. It's like having your own personal blanket. This is usually where I can get a little pattern going! How great is this antrho scarf?
5. Tory Burch flats have become an airport staple for me! Classic, comfortable, but most of all, they are speedy in the security line! And of course more color here is a must! These are on my wishlist!
6. And of course, a great tote! Kate Spade sure knows how to make 'em... great colors, happy lining, functional pockets... need I say more? Oh ya! AND this one is on sale! 

Traveling can be stressful, but I've found that the more comfortable I am and the more confident I feel, the better the experience will be! And of course a good cup of coffee and a fun magazine don't hurt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment