Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes Glam

HI! I'm back! Better late than never... had a little trouble getting back in the groove today, but what better reason to jump back on the horse than to talk about the beauty that was the Golden Globes last night!

I have to admit, I don't have one clear "Best Dressed" pick in my mind... there were a lot of pretty dresses, but nothing that truly wowed me. Anyone else feel the same?

That said, there were still plenty that caught my eye, and in reviewing some of my favorites, it seems like most colors came in pairs:


RED


Who would have thought Claire Danes would make a name for herself as such as fashionista back in her My So Called Life days? She traded 90's flannel for Versace. HUGE upgrade. She was also a favorite of mine at this past years Emmy Awards. And Jennifer Garner looks amazing, too! Dressed by my idol, Rachel Zoe!!! Love Rachel's eye for texture.


GOLD


I think Connie Britton looks so classy in this Kaufman Franco. Simple and elegant! Now, Kerry Washington definitely doesn't fall into the "simple" category with her dress, nor would I venture to try this look myself, but I think she looks stunning in this Miu Miu number. That dress is not something everyone could pull off, but it looks great on her!


PINK{ish}


Similar color and similar style? Is that a fashion party foul? Oh well... even if it is, I like both of these dresses! Amy Adams looks great in this Marchesa number, although I think it would have been a bit more successful if it were more pink and less of a nude shade. Still a great dress, though! And Hayden Panettiere also rocks the ballerina pink shade, but has the help of a tan in this Roberto Cavalli number. 


CORAL


Can Oscar de la Renta do any wrong? Not in my eyes! Jessica Alba rocked a classic OdlR style, but I just wish she would have chosen a better bag! Jennifer Lawrence also looked fabulous in the hue. Her version by Dior... love the metallic waist detail. Reminds me of a lot of the belts that are out these days. 

So those are a few of my fav dresses, but I can't wrap up this round up without mentioning the best part of the night... 



Tina Fey and Amy Poehler ROCKED IT as hosts of the evening! They were hilarious and made the show so enjoyable to watch! There is already buzz about them coming back for an encore performance for the 2014 Golden Globes! I don't know about you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

All images: E! / Glamour / BravoTV / NY Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment