Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So Now You Wanna Help Me?!?!

When it comes to packing, I like to think I'm a pro... scratch that -- When it comes to packing for work related trips, I am a pro. When it comes to packing for fun getaway trips, I struggle. I have work packing down to a science. I know exactly how many outfits I'll need based on what my schedule is filled with, but when I go on fun trips with no agenda, I.AM.LOST! 

Wouldn't it have been nice of my friends at J.Crew, Madewell and Nordstrom to have graced my inbox and their homepages with these marketing campaign gems just a week earlier???


J. Crew Customer email


Madewell Customer email

Nordy Homepage

I seriously received the J.Crew and Madewell emails {which look awfully similar... go figure!} and the Nordy homepage the day I came back from vacation! Yes, J.Crew in fact I was going somewhere! And yes, Madewell, I would like to have packed happy! And yes, Nordstrom, a clean getaway would have been nice!

Oh well! All is well that ends well... and as you saw from my pics yesterday, Cabo definitely went well. To say the least! One thing I did realize as I busted out my summer wardrobe is that I need to step up my game when it comes to swim cover-ups. Since I'm not feeling as great in teeny bikinis anymore {thanks a lot, metabolism... just kidding... kind of}, I think I'd feel a little better at the beach if I could at least strut to and from looking cute! I need to scrap my boring cotton dresses for something more fun like one of these:

Roberta Roller Rabbit / Collective Concepts / DV by Dolce Vita

Turns out I won't need one of these again until the summer, so I'll keep my eye out for the right one {or two}, but I'll keep you updated when take the plunge!

No comments:

Post a Comment