Monday, December 31, 2012

Splurge or Save: Sequin Mini

HI! Welcome back! Hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday! I'll be back later this week sharing all of the wonderful goodies that made this Christmas so special... it was definitely one for the record books!

But today, let's talk about what you should wear for NYE... and by what you should wear I really mean what I'm going to wear {maybe... if I can pull the pieces together! Nothing like waiting until the last minute!}.

First of all, I was inspired by this great photo found on pinterest, of course:


source

But this year, my NYE plans are a little more low key than what would call for a sequin maxi skirt... so I'm thinking a mini is more up my alley, thus brings me to the latest edition of Splurge or Save:


Splurge or $ave

Both skirts are cute, but the $ave version definitely is the winner for me... love everything about it! Plus it's on sale for $32 bucks and it's from Kohl's and they always have coupons {check out the "retailmenot app" on you phone!}. I bet you could take that baby home for $20-$25, which would be a HUGE savings over the $138 J. Crew version.

Anywho, back to my outfit... I'm thinking of doing a little flip flop of the inspiration pic. Mini skirt instead of maxi and long sleeve chambray shirt instead of short sleeve. Polish it off with a great pair of pumps {maybe even leopard if I'm feeling sassy!} and a statement necklace and I'll be all set to ring in 2013!

I hope you all enjoy your New Year festivities! What are you thinking about wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment