Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Splurge or Save: Eyelet Skirt

On one of my recent work trips {that helped lead to my accidental blog break}, I hit up a new favorite city of mine -- San Francisco. Besides squeezing in a couple of touristy stops, I also did a little shopping. {By the way, I'd totally recommend making time for Alcatraz if you are planning a trip to San Fran... I usually shy away from tours and tourist activities in general, but it was really cool}. 

Anywho, back to my shopping outing... I not only stumbled upon some great local boutiques, but I checked out the San Francisco version of a couple of my usual stops: Nordy, Gap, J.Crew, Forever 21, H&M, etc. Why do I spend precious vaca time in stores I have at home? Well, it's been my experience that the bigger cities have a bigger and better selection than our stores sometimes have here in KC. And on top of that, with traveling so much, I really haven't had a ton of time to shop in KC anyway, so I'll take my stores wherever I can get them!

So, while in San Fran, I picked up a cute little eyelet skirt from Forever 21. I was impressed with the great quality and cute coral color {the color is much more pinky-melon than this pic below shows}. It was a perfect addition to my spring work and/or play wardrobe. Shortly after I brought it home, I spotted an almost identical style at the J. Crew Factory Store in a fab red color! L.O.V.E the RED! Had I not already bought the F21 version, little red would have for sure been coming home with me!

Splurge {$79.50} or Save {$19.80}

So you already know which way I went on this debate, but what would you do???

No comments:

Post a Comment