Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mix It Like You Mean It

Meet Mia the Mixer:

I have recently become the proud owner of this beauty! Thanks MOM! She has been on my wishlist for quite a while {Mia, not my Mom... haha}, but just hadn't taken the plunge to purchase... boy was I missing out! 

Here are just a few recipes that I've tried {once. twice. THREE times or MORE}:

  1. Cookies 'n Cream cake and frosting
  2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow Brownies
    • Sidenote: the recipe linked here calls to use the pre-made/store-bought puppy chow... I'd actually recommend making the real stuff! It's soooo much better than the bagged version!
  3. Cookie Dough Brownie Bars
    • I really don't know what to call this heavenly creation... it's an Oreo cookie crust with a cookie dough and brownie filling, topped with a chocolate ganache. Lots of steps, but so worth it! 
Anyone else out there holding out on purchasing one of these babies because the price tag is a bit scary? If you enjoy baking, it's so very worth it! Makes my recipes a breeze and saves my arm from feeling like it is going to fall off! I'd say one of the hardest parts of purchasing is committing to a color... that sounds crazy, but it's true! I was tempted to go with a neutral color like a slate or pewter since I don't have my real kitchen yet and don't know what color it will be, but I later realized no matter when it is that I commit to a kitchen, it will definitely be colorful, so why not start with a great color for Mia the Mixer. And yes, I named my mixer. Don't judge... I feel like she's family since we've already spent so much time together. I name my cars, too. I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment