Monday, May 13, 2013

Organized Chaos

source

I have the best of intentions to always be neat and tidy, but as I get closer to needing to pack up my house after 3 years of renting, I'm realizing that I have collected a lot of stuff. I think many creative minds can agree, you tend to hold onto things that you think may come in handy one day down the road... old magazines, meaningful mementos, clothes you hope will be in-style again someday, etc, etc.

The thought of this stuff has been keeping me up at night. Seriously, you'd think I'd just get up and purge some of it to make me feel better! But, as much as I strive to simplify my life, there are connections to these things. Memories of people, places and good times.

This quote helped me to realize that sometimes the most fun and fantastic people still get a little lost in the shuffle of their lives... whether it's loosing your umbrella or a messy purse. So for now, I'm going to embrace my organized chaos and hold on to the things that mean the most! Afterall, I'm quick and curious and playful and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment