Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mia Took On the Monster

...The Monster Cookie Recipe that is!

Let me back track a moment... last weekend my Mom and I grabbed lunch at my favorite salad spot, Dean and Deluca {sidenote: every time I eat there I pretend I'm at the Soho location in NYC and just stopping for a quick bite while I'm out shopping! Ohhh that would be so glam!}. Anywho, back to the story, after we had our healthy servings of greens, we shared a monster cookie. And.it.was.fabulous! So fabulous that I decided I needed to recreate the goodness.

Fast forward to a free evening spending some quality time with Mia.



If only you could smell the yumminess through your computer screen.

I found a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and adapted it to include peanut butter, chocolate chips and M&M's... and I think it turned out pretty darn spectacular, if I do say so myself!

Mia's Monster Cookies
1 stick of butter {softened}
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats {not quick oats :)}
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup m&m's candy

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Then, beat in baking soda followed by oats. Lastly, mix in your chocolate chips and candies!

Using an ice cream scoop, drop cookies onto baking sheet. {Tip: flatten cookies with the back of the ice cream scoop so there a bit concave in the middle... it will help them bake evenly so the sides don't get crispy!}

Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown!

ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment