Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Time Flies When You're Having FUN!

Today might be my favorite day of the year... it's my sweet nephews birthday!


Two years ago today our family was blessed with the most wonderful little boy we could have ever dreamed of! I mean come on... just look at that face! And yes, I bought him that cute little bowtie!

When I first found out my sister was having a boy, I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous. I was used to dressing up little girls with pretty pink clothes and hair bows, but was I in for a treat or what?!? Dayton is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I remember when he was still a baby and I had a bad day at work, I would call my sister and ask if I could come over to rock him to sleep. Somehow holding him calmed me down and made all the other issues that were consuming me feel so small. He has grown into such a smart, polite, loving and funny little boy already. I can't wait to continue to watch him grow and discover his passions in life {which right now include Mickey Mouse, Rock Chalks (aka Jayhawks), his dog Elway, diggers, bulldozers and trucks... all boy, I tell ya!}.

Seriously! Where does time go?


2 months to 2 years
I know he is too little to read this or even understand how much he means to me, but maybe someday he'll look back and realize just how much he has his Aunt KK wrapped around his little finger... which right now he milks for giving him fruit snacks, cookies and coke. And before you judge me too much for being a nutritionally unhealthy influence, I must say we have a pretty good little game going with the fruit snacks and it is indeed helping him learn his colors! Each time we pull a fruit snack out of the bag, he says 'please' and 'Rock Chalk,' then names the color before he gets to eat it. It's hilarious and awesome all at the same time!

Thank you Dayton for bringing so much joy into my life! Aunt KK loves you to pieces! I can't imagine my life without you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAYTON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment