Monday, October 15, 2012

Pillow Pretty

As the seasons begin to change and the weather is getting colder, we are upon the time of year where we will be spending more time indoors, and if we must be indoors, we might as well make it pretty!

One of my favorite things to horde buy are great throw pillows. Pillows are for sofas like scarves are for wardrobes -- pillows can totally change the look of a room while a scarf can change the look of an outfit! 

Let me show you what I mean... Imagine you have a basic couch. Grey, beige, white, brown, whatever! Picture your room with a POP:

Today's Tribal
1 / 2 / 3

This combo has a well-traveled vibe in fun and updated colors. I love that the middle pillows bright colors are balanced by the presence of black and brown... it helps add a bit of a sophisticated balance so it doesn't look like it belongs in a teenage girls room {although it could be super cute in there, too!}.

Updated Classic
1 / 2 / 3

I feel like the color red saw it's day in the sun as far as home decorating a few years back, but if you still love the color, there's no reason not to use it in your home. Try this updated combination.

Fun for All
1 / 2 / 3

Love me my blues and greens! This center pillow would look especially fabulous on a grey couch. And I love how the diamond pattern on pillow 2 coordinates with the diamond pattern on pillow 3. 

Go ahead! Get comfy and cozy up to one of these great pillow combos... you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment