Friday, October 12, 2012

Leap List: Art

Have you ever heard of a "Leap List"? It's similar to the idea of a "Bucket List," but rather that making a list of things you want to do before you die, you make a list of things you want to do in a shorter time frame... say by the end of the year. Starting this blog was on my Leap List. Check!

Another item on my Leap List is to get back to creating art. I wouldn't even dare coin myself an "artist," however I do love color {as mentioned here and here} and expression through creativity. I could spend hours at art fairs and in art supply stores! Recently, I wondered around an annual art fair close to my house, and I kept catching myself thinking, 'I could do that!' Now, it's just about actually doing that.


 clockwise from top left: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Here are a few inspiration pieces that I'd love to try and create for myself. Interesting that all of them seem to have a similar color scheme with a touch of metallic. I guess I know what I like.


Now the question is when will I find the time to do it? I'm going to have to make the time! I've been gone more than I've been at home for the past couple of months, so I think this would be a great project to do over the holidays when my travel schedule calms down a bit.


Leap List, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment